Due the complexity of calculating the tax and the different procedures to be carried out according to each case to make the change of owner of a vehicle, we recommend that you contact us before carrying out the procedure, providing us with the vehicle data and we will give you a budget without obligation.
If you have purchased the vehicle from a private individual, remember that you must keep the sales contract or a photocopy of it, a photocopy of the seller’s identity document, the request to change ownership of the vehicle signed by the buyer and seller, and the documentation of the vehicle (ITV card, circulation permit and receipt of the municipal tax paid corresponding to the year prior to the procedure), (vehicle transmission procedure).
If you sell your vehicle never deliver the vehicle without having in your hands the original contract of sale (if it is between individuals) or invoice (if you deliver it to a sale) and a photocopy of the identity document in Spain of the buyer (DNI / Card of Residence, if they are natural persons, or CIF, if they are companies). If it is a sale, the CIF must appear on the invoice. It is important to indicate in the contract the hour and minutes in which you deliver the vehicle: remember that the fines for fixed radars and for not having passed the ITV will continue to arrive until the change of ownership occurs in the Vehicle Registry.
Procedures to be carried out.
- We prepare the contract for the sale of the vehicle.
- We cancel any limitation of disposition that was registered in the Register of Movable Property.
- We settle the Property Transfer Tax of the Generalitat Valenciana.
- We pay the Traffic fees and carry out the transfer.
Documentation to make the transfer:
- Buyer: DNI, residence card or passport plus NIE. In the case of Legal Persons: tax identification card and accreditation of the representation and identity of the signer by deed or power of attorney.
- Seller: DNI, residence card or passport plus NIE. In the case of Legal Persons: tax identification card and accreditation of the representation and identity of the signer by deed or power of attorney. This vendor identification requirement will not be necessary if notice of sale has been previously submitted.
- Vehicle documentation: Vehicle Technical Inspection Card and driving license. Circulation Tax paid.